Friday, January 29, 2010

Back to (Pantry) Duty

I am back from business trip. Interesting, exhausting...and, thanks to the Colts, everything in Indy is now expensive; I even had to pay for internet if I wanted it at the hotel (um, no...)

Sr also returns home tomorrow from his, so hopefully, before I leave on the 20th, we continue eating down this pantry. I have a whole turkey out thawing to cook and can (and this gave me more room in the freezer). I also have the last of our boilers in the crockpot. I will shred the meat and freeze it for quick meals like pizza, white chili or chicken noodle soup. I let these guys get big, so the removal showed quite an open space in the deep freeze.

Tonight we are having pizza made with the last box of gluten-free crust mix I bought on clearance at least a year ago. The boys are excited. I will open some fruit for a side dish/dessert.

I doubt I am going to make enough progress to clean out this stuff before I leave, but if I can at least get the little deep freeze cleaned out, I'll clean it and make some "freezer meals" to help Sr feed the boys while I am gone. I cannot believe I will be leaving in 22 days.

So, I will continue this challenge until the end of the month.

3 comments:

Budgets are the New Black said...

I find this fascinating how much you have on stock. Amazing, really. You could survive an apocalypse! We have moved so much, have never owned a deep freeze, and I don't even know how to can. Sort of the opposite spectrum, really;)

Hickchick said...

Gina--sorry i thought you were GONE from the blog world! I didn't realize you were still posting at dilly bean. Good to 'hear' your voice!
K

Leigh said...

Here you are, trying to eat down your food storage while I'm trying to build mine up again. *LOL. Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Good luck with your horseradish!